AIN'T NOTHIN' BETTER THAN FRESH FARM AIR.
-said somebody on the internet, but it could have been me!
Farm Play Days
Our Play Days give you the opportunity to let your child enjoy a taste of farm life. The main idea is unstructured play and exploration. Bring a picnic lunch (if you wish) and enjoy pony rides, chicken wrangling, petting our other farm animals, playing in the dirt, a simple craft, and other outdoor/farm activities planned by our staff. Keep tuned to our Facebook page for each Play Day details and to RSVP (not required but helpful)!
WHEN: 10:30-12:30 on the 2nd Friday and 4th Thursday of each month
COST: $10/first child, $5/add’l sibling
TARGET AGE GROUP: 6 months-6 years (but we welcome any age)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Take a pony ride! We always have a couple of our favorite horses/ponies out to ride on!
2. Enjoy the extra activity based on the theme.
3. Make a little take-home craft--for the creative ones out there!
4. Play! Chickens, sandbox, dirt, wide open spaces--for just being a kid on the farm.
5. Expect to get dirty, especially if it has rained recently! Also, dress for the weather. You might consider a change of clothes and a plastic bag--just in case!
6. Bring a picnic lunch, if you'd like! Lay out a blanket and enjoy being outside.
7. Cost: $10 for the first child and $5/sibling. Cash or check preferred.
8. If you've not been before, you can save time at check in by bringing a signed farm Waiver with you.
Keep updated to any changes by checking our Facebook page!
JANUARY: Farmyard Fun--2nd Friday/Sweet Maple Syrup--4th Thursday (Help us feed the animals/learn how to make maple syrup)
FEBRUARY: Sweet Maple Syrup--2nd Friday/Farmyard Fun--4th Thursday (See January)
MARCH: Tractor Day (Meet the farm equipment)
APRIL: Farm I Spy (Go for a nature treasure hunt)
MAY: Got Milk? (Learn how to milk a cow!)
JUNE: Play in the Creek--2nd Friday/Blackberry Picking-- 4th Thursday (Cool off in the creek/pick wild blackberries)
JULY: Blackberry Picking--2nd Friday/Play in the Creek--4th Thursday (See June)
AUGUST: Play in the Garden (Explore our garden)
SEPTEMBER: Tractor Day (Meet the farm equipment)
OCTOBER: OctoberFest! (Mini fall fest with hayrides, DIY face painting, and a pumpkin craft)
NOVEMBER (2nd Friday only): Got Milk? (Help us milk the cows)
DECEMBER (2nd Friday only): Bonfire and Baked Apples (Make baked apples over a fire)