AIN'T NOTHIN' BETTER THAN FRESH FARM AIR.
-said somebody on the internet, but it could have been me!
Farm Play Days
Our Play Days give you the opportunity to let your child enjoy a taste of farm life. The main idea is unstructured play and exploration. Bring a picnic lunch (if you wish) and enjoy pony rides, chicken wrangling, petting our other farm animals, playing in the dirt, a simple craft, and other outdoor/farm activities planned by our staff. Keep tuned to our Facebook page for each Play Day details and to RSVP (not required but helpful)!
WHEN: 10:30-12:30 on the 2nd Friday and 4th Thursday of each month
COST: $10/first child, $5/add’l sibling
TARGET AGE GROUP: 6 months-6 years (but we welcome any age)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. Take a pony ride! We always have a couple of our favorite horses/ponies out to ride on!
2. Enjoy the extra activity based on the theme.
3. Make a little take-home craft--for the creative ones out there!
4. Play! Chickens, sandbox, dirt, wide open spaces--for just being a kid on the farm.
5. Expect to get dirty, especially if it has rained recently! Also, dress for the weather. You might consider a change of clothes and a plastic bag--just in case!
6. Bring a picnic lunch, if you'd like! Lay out a blanket and enjoy being outside.
7. Cost: $10 for the first child and $5/sibling. Cash or check preferred.
8. If you've not been before, you can save time at check in by signing the online Waiver below.
Keep updated to any changes by checking our Facebook page!
JANUARY: Farmyard Fun--2nd Friday/Sweet Maple Syrup--4th Thursday (Help us feed the animals/learn how to make maple syrup)
FEBRUARY: Sweet Maple Syrup--2nd Friday/Farmyard Fun--4th Thursday (See January)
MARCH: Tractor Day (Meet the farm equipment)
APRIL: Farm I Spy (Go for a nature treasure hunt)
MAY: Got Milk? (Learn how to milk a cow!)
JUNE: Play in the Creek--2nd Friday/Blackberry Picking-- 4th Thursday (Cool off in the creek/pick wild blackberries)
JULY: Blackberry Picking--2nd Friday/Play in the Creek--4th Thursday (See June)
AUGUST: Play in the Garden (Explore our garden)
SEPTEMBER: Tractor Day (Meet the farm equipment)
OCTOBER: OctoberFest! (Mini fall fest with hayrides, DIY face painting, and a pumpkin craft)
NOVEMBER (2nd Friday only): Got Milk? (Help us milk the cows)
DECEMBER (2nd Friday only): Bonfire and Baked Apples (Make baked apples over a fire)